SAVE-THE-DATE: GABE is BACK in 2019!
626 Golden Streets is BACK, with two new routes planned for 2019! Save-the-date for the first event linking the historic South Pasadena and San Gabriel Mission Districts via Downtown Alhambra!
Check out the full calendar of Metro-supported open streets events in Los Angeles County here.
#626GoldenStreets in 6 Points
- Golden Streets is a FREE event!
- YOU get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
- All forms of non-motorized transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling.
- Golden Streets is NOT a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles on open streets.
- Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
- Don't forget to stop, enjoy, and take a picture! Share your best snapshots on social media with the hashtag #626GoldenStreets for chances to win 626 swag and more!
The cost of staging multi-city open streets events are significant. Donations of any and all sizes are greatly appreciated, and tax-deductible. Thank you for helping make #626GoldenStreets possible!
626 Golden Streets is people-powered! Join our team of amazing volunteers and enjoy some special perks only available to those who donate their time to make 626 Golden Streets possible! More info here.
Meet Mayor of the San Gabriel Mountains #GabeTheSasquatch on event day!
Learn-to-Bike or Improve Your Skills!
Want to learn how to ride a bike? Feel more comfortable riding on city streets? Or how to set up your bike to commute to work/school?
Sign-up for a FREE class! www.bikeSGV.org/classes
Basic Bike Repair - Keep your bike rolling! This class will cover basic fixes, including flat repair, brake adjustment, and how to perform an ABC Quick Check. Contact jose@bikeSGV.org for info on the next class
626 Golden Streets | 2017 Event Report
- Organizers Say 100,000 biked or walked '626 Golden Streets' event from South Pasadena to Azusa (San Gabriel Valley Tribune)
- Thousands Experience San Marino's Huntington Drive By Bicycle, On Food (San Marino Tribune)
- Former Councilman Efren Moreno, on 626 Golden Streets and how Alhambra could become a bike-friendly City (Alhambra Source)
- 626 Golden Streets Open Thread (Streetsblog LA)