Open streets are coming soon to South Pasadena and Los Angeles.
626 Golden Streets in 6 Points
1. 626 Golden Streets is a free event! However at least a few dollars will offer you SGV treats and support local businesses along the route.
2. You get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
3. All forms of active transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling. E-assist wheelchairs, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are also permitted, however all event participants (whether on standard or e-assist devices) shall ride in a safe and courteous manner, yielding to slower moving persons.
4. 626 Golden Streets is not a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles.
5. Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
6. Bring a reusable bottle, cup, or mug! There will be free water refill stations in each activity hub, as well as a ton of great businesses to purchase beverages from!
ActiveSGV has partnered with the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments to launch a regional e-bike share program. An electric bicycle or “E-bike” is a bicycle equipped with an electric motor that may be activated in order to assist with pedaling.
The GoSGV program offers affordable, long-term sharing of good quality electric bicycles to give SGV residents an opportunity to become more familiar with this increasingly popular form of fun, zero-emission mobility. Participants are able to choose from two types of e-bicycle: a simple, all-purpose e-bike, or a cargo e-bike designed to carry larger loads and/or small children.