The SGV's premier open streets event, powered by ActiveSGV
Open Streets return to the SGV Sunday, April 23, 2023
626 Golden Streets in 6 Points
1. 626 Golden Streets is a free event! However at least a few dollars will offer you SGV treats and support local businesses along the route.
2. You get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
3. All forms of active transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling. E-assist wheelchairs, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are also permitted, however all event participants (whether on standard or e-assist devices) shall ride in a safe and courteous manner, yielding to slower moving persons.
4. 626 Golden Streets is not a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles.
5. Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
6. Bring a reusable bottle, cup, or mug! There will be free water refill stations in each activity hub, as well as a ton of great businesses to purchase beverages from!
Live in the San Gabriel Valley? Discover the joys of riding an E-bike! Sign up for GoSGV!
ActiveSGV has partnered with the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments to launch a regional e-bike share program. An electric bicycle or “E-bike” is a bicycle equipped with an electric motor that may be activated in order to assist with pedaling.
The GoSGV program offers affordable, long-term sharing of good quality electric bicycles to give SGV residents an opportunity to become more familiar with this increasingly popular form of fun, zero-emission mobility. Participants are able to choose from two types of e-bicycle: a simple, all-purpose e-bike, or a cargo e-bike designed to carry larger loads and/or small children.
Share-to-Own! Stay in the program for 36 months and give your classic commuter e-bike a forever home! For more information about the program, or to sign up, please visit www.goSGV.com
Greener than Ever
Gabe and the team at ActiveSGV committed to making our special Earth Month 2023 event our most sustainable ciclovia to date. From replacing gas generators with a solar-battery trailer to encouraging the use of reusables (and restricting the distribution of single-use plastic by vendors), we are examining every opportunity to reduce waste.
ActiveSGV e-assist pedicab in front of Foothill Transit doubledecker E-bus (photo courtesy Foothill Transit)
Performances and Activities
Poco Pocho (cumbia performed on-route on mobile BiciCrófono)
While supplies last - limited-edition stickers at each ActiveSGV information booth. Collect all 4!