Celebrate ArroyoFest's 20th Anniversary with Gabe and friends!
ArroyoFest 2003 - 2023
The inaugural ArroyoFest was hosted in June 2003, a full seven years before the first cicLAvia on 10/10/10. The event was ahead-of-its time and left an indelible impression on those who had the opportunity to explore the parkway on two feet or two wheels that morning. Five years in the making, the 20-year anniversary event will once again provide the public the opportunity to experience the historic parkway - opened in 1940 - up close. Until then here are a few articles, resources, and images documenting that very special day in 2003.
1. 626 Golden Streets is a free event! However we recommend bringing a few dollars to support local businesses along the route.
2. You get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
3. All forms of active transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling. E-assist wheelchairs, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are also permitted, however all event participants (whether on standard or e-assist devices) shall ride in a safe and courteous manner, yielding to slower moving persons.
4. 626 Golden Streets is not a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles.
5. Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day. For ArroyoFest, please note that:
Southbound lanes on the parkway will be reserved for pedestrians, including walkers, runners, wheelchair users, and small children with parents/guardians.
Northbound lanes will be reserved for people using wheeled devices, including bikes, skates, scooters, and skateboards.
6. Bring a reusable bottle, cup, or mug! There will be free water refill stations in each activity hub, as well as a ton of nearby businesses to purchase beverages from!
Kick off your ArroyoFest with a point-to-point 10k run along the historic Arroyo Parkway! Runners will start at 7am near the Metro station in South Pasadena and finish by the station in Lincoln Heights station. RUN promo code "ArroyoFest5" to get $5 off sign up fee
Lummis Day Festival
October 29th | 10:00 am - 3:30 pm | Sycamore Grove Park
ArroyoFest is partnering with Lummis Day, the Festival of Northeast Los Angeles! Lummis Day is a celebration of the art, music, poetry, and cultures of Northeast Los Angeles. The Lummis Day event will begin with poetry at "El Alisal, Lummis Home," the original home of namesake Charles Lummis, tentatively scheduled to begin at 9:00 am. The celebration officially kicks off at 10:00 am at Sycamore Grove Park with live music, dance, community resources, cultural exhibitions, and food trucks.
ActiveSGV has partnered with the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments to launch a regional e-bike share program. An electric bicycle or “E-bike” is a bicycle equipped with an electric motor that may be activated in order to assist with pedaling.
The GoSGV program offers affordable, long-term sharing of good quality electric bicycles to give SGV residents an opportunity to become more familiar with this increasingly popular form of fun, zero-emission mobility. Participants are able to choose from two types of e-bicycle: a simple, all-purpose e-bike, or a cargo e-bike designed to carry larger loads and/or small children.
We want to extend our heartfelt thanks to all the participants who joined us on our 626-Day Exploratory Group Ride on June 26, 2023. We had a blast embarking on this sun-soaked, seven-mile bike ride down the picturesque Arroyo Seco Bike Path, exploring the route for the upcoming 626 Golden Streets: ArroyoFest event.