Modeled after the thousands of other "open streets" or "ciclovia" events that have been organized around the world and across the United States, 626 Golden Streets temporarily opens stretches of roadway for people to walk, jog, skate, bike and more in the San Gabriel Valley. The event series is organized byActiveSGV, an SGV-based non-profit organization dedicated to realizing a safer, more sustainable and equitable San Gabriel Valley.
There is no "right" way to experience 626 Golden Streets. Participants may join and depart the event route anywhere they wish. We only ask that you be considerate and courteous of others along the way, enjoy the event at your own pace, and check out the many local businesses, organizations, community groups and more who can be found along the event routes.
Promote sustainable, active modes of transportation.
Encourage play, community connections, and exploration of the San Gabriel Valley's diverse communities.
Improve the health of people of all incomes, abilities, and backgrounds.
#626GoldenStreets in 6 Points
1. 626 Golden Streets is a free event! However at least a few dollars will offer you SGV treats and support local businesses along the route.
2. You get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
3. All forms of active transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling. E-assist wheelchairs, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are also permitted, however all event participants (whether on standard or e-assist devices) shall ride in a safe and courteous manner, yielding to slower moving persons.
4. 626 Golden Streets is not a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles.
5. Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
6. Bring a reusable bottle, cup, or mug! There will be free water refill stations in each activity hub, as well as a ton of great businesses to purchase beverages from!