This season’s 626 Golden Streets is right around the corner, and you might be asking yourself what there is to do that day. The short answer is: There’s never a shortage of exciting things to do! Whether it’s your first open street event or your 100th, there’s always something new to discover. This year, we’re bringing you a whole array of fun, family-friendly activities to enjoy along the route and discover this side of the SGV. From a Halloween costume contest to e-Bike demos, live music and arts and crafts, a community garden, and a Day of The Dead Parade, the options are endless. What will you choose?
626 Golden Streets | Streets and Treats is from 9am-4pm on October 26th in the cities of El Monte and South El Monte. Gabe’s Opening Ceremony begins promptly at 8:45am in the City of South El Monte Civic Center Hub!
26 Things To Do at #626GoldenStreets
1. Ride rollerblades, a bike, skateboard, scooter, unicycle, or other human powered vehicle.
2. Test out your Halloween costume and go trick-or-treating! Special treats will be spread out across 4 miles of #OpenStreets!
3. Enjoy a sweet treat at a local Bike-Friendly Business, Cyber Yogurt located right along the event route - 3305 Tyler Ave, El Monte.
4. Visit the Annual Dia de los Muertos festival in Downtown El Monte, featuring Children’s Zone (Face Painters, Balloon Artists, Vendors), Day of the Dead Altars, Photo booth, and Procession - Downtown El Monte Hub, 11am-6pm.
5. Experience an “E-bike” for FREE! Gotcha will be providing sneak peaks and test rides of the San Gabriel Valley’s first dockless, regional E-bike program - South El Monte and Jeff Seymour Family Center Hubs.
6. Join Gabe the Sasquatch and special guests for the Grand Opening Ceremony! The first 150 attendees will receive FREE tickets for a raffle of Patagonia gear, 626 Golden Streets swag, and other Gabe-approved prizes. Get your tickets starting at 8:30am at the South El Monte Activity Hub Info Booth.
7. Participate in a sticky scavenger hunt! Collect 4 unique stickers by SGV-based artist and friend-of-Gabe, Dan Sipple, while supplies last - find the Info Booth of each Activity Hub to collect!
8. Take a break and enjoy an eclectic lineup of live music and performers at each Activity Hub. 🎺🎼🥁🎷🎹🎸
9. Get a special, spooky #626GoldenStreets t-shirt! Available for sale or by free raffle if you take an event-day survey!!! Visit any Info Booth for details!
10. Join Gabe and friends for a special tour of the event route. Casual pace with brief stops to regroup. All welcome ! Meet up at 9am at the South El Monte Activity Hub.
11. Play a variety of street and giganto games, located Jeff Seymour Center and South El Monte Activity Hubs.
12. Test ride a variety of electric-assist cargo bikes with @propelbikesusa - South El Monte Activity Hub.
13. Help us celebrate the launch of El Monte's new Pump Track at the Jeff Seymour Family Center! Inauguration is at 10am!!
14. Help launch a new Community Garden with SBCCThrive and Day One. Bring your own reusable bag or cart and take home free, fresh produce - Jeff Seymour Family Center Hub.
15. Experience one of the newest Buddhist Temples in the SGV, located right on the event route in El Monte - Hai Nam Association, 2806 Tyler Ave.
16. Try your hand at cyclocross with an introductory obstacle course for kiddies big and small - Jeff Seymour Family Center Hub.
17. BE with BUBBLES, big and small! Bubblicious, family-friendly entertainment for all ages - South El Monte hub.
18. Help transform two Utility Boxes into local works of art with the support of professional artists - South El Monte hub.
19. Take a break and enjoy live entertainment from the comfort of a Go Human pop-up parklet - Cyber Yogurt, South El Monte Hub.
20. Got yourself a neat costume!? Show it off and YOU can win some awesome prizes! We’re hosting our first ever human AND pet costume contest - 12pm, South El Monte Hub.
21. Stop by the El Monte Airport “Air Fair” to check out small planes of all types, located just a block from the event route - Jeff Seymour Family Center hub.
22. Get your groove on at our Silent Disco, located at the Main St. Hub! Party starts at 11am!
23. Not riding your bike to this one? No worries!! Enjoy FREE pedicab rides along the route! - Pickup/dropoff location adjacent to the Info Booth in each Activity Hub.
24. Enjoy artistic crosswalks, a pop-up protected bikeway, and curb extensions by GoHuman - various locations along the route, including the South El Monte hub.
25, Jam out while on our bike! We have a ton of micro-music located along the route! Be sure to listen and enjoy along the way.
26. Snap a selfie with #GabeTheSasquatch, if you can find him!!! 😁Hint, he’ll definitely be at the Opening Ceremony - 9am, South El Monte Hub! #GotSasquatch
Leave a Reply.
626 Golden Streets
Event info, updates, and more!