There are countless things you could do across the three-city, 5-mile Mission-to-Mission event route, from visiting famous film sites to embarking on a culinary tour of the west San Gabriel Valley. However with only 7 hours of event time to play with, you will have to make some choices!
To help you review some of the options, check out our curated list of 26 things you could do at 626 Golden Streets | Mission to Mission!
1) Collect three free SGV City stickers! Available while supplies last at the Info Booth in the Alhambra, SouthPasadena, and SanGabriel Hubs.
2) Enjoy a sweet treat at one of the oldest soda fountains in SoCal, the Fair Oaks Pharmacy, a South Pasadena Landmark since 1915, located right along the event route on Historic Route 66!
3) Walk your dog, or bike your dog!
4) Adopt a dog or cat! The Pasadena Humane Society “Wiggle Waggle Wagon” (aka the ‘Waggin) will be stationed along the route in #SouthPasadena from 9am-1pm!
5) Try boba for the first time! Labobatory in San Gabriel City, or up your boba game by purchasing a reusable boba straw!
6) Check out professional chalk artists with Light Bringer Project at the Alhambra Activity Hub.
7) Watch the award-winning Alhambra Unified School District Matador Marching Band in action at the San Gabriel Activity Hub, 2-3:30pm.
8) Sample some fresh produce at the #Alhambra Farmers Market.
9) Ride rollerblades, a bike, skateboard, scooter, unicycle, or other human powered vehicle.
10) Make new friends, even ones from the dark side!!! Look out for members of the awesome 501st Legion - SoCal Garrison.
11) Get a cool #626GoldenStreets t-shirt! Available for sale or via free raffle if you take an event-day survey!!! Available at any Info Booth.
12) Experience the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, a historic landmark and 4th of 21 Spanish missions in California. Free tours at 1pm! #SanGabriel Hub.
13) Participate in the second, sometimes annual Tour de Cacciotti with South Coast Air Quality Management District Board Member and bike commuter extraordinaire Michael Cacciotti. Meet 9am South Pasadena Hub stage, ride casually to Alhambra and San Gabriel Hubs.
14) Drive or ride in some of the newest electric cars on the market with Plug In America. Free demo zone in the San Gabriel Activity Hub.
15) Test ride a cargo e-bike at the South Pasadena (Cero Bikes, LA Bike Center) and Alhambra (Propel Bikes) Activity Hubs.
16) Get your kicks, on Route 66!!! Did you know part of the #626GoldenStreets Mission-to-Mission event route traverses Historic #Route66? Now ya do! #SouthPasadena hub.
17) Try the famous spring rolls at Golden Deli right on the event route in #SanGabriel!
18) Miss the SoCal #SuperBloom-mania? No worries, take a free make-up picture at the #ActiveSGV booth at the San Gabriel Hub.
19) Build with GIANT LEGOS with at the Day One Family Zone in the South Pasadena Hub!!!
20) Learn a dance routine with Unbound Dance Studio. 1:50-2:20pm at the South Pasadena Activity Hub
21) Master Jakob’s Ladder without having to pay dime! #SouthPasadena Hub
22) Join kids of all ages in playing in one of 3 game zones! #Alhambra, #SouthPasadena, #SanGabriel Hubs.
23) Enjoy specials at 19 businesses along the route, including Happy Hour All Day at 38 Degree Alehouse, Chicken Koop, Dog Haus, and Limericks Tavern! Full list here.
24) Walk or run a 5k, 10k, or ten miler! 👟
25) Take a break and enjoy an eclectic lineup of live music and performers at the #Alhambra, #SouthPasadena, and #SanGabriel Activity Hubs. 🎺🎼🎷🎹🎸
26) Snap a selfie with #GabeTheSasquatch, if you can find him!!! 😁
626 Golden Streets
Event info, updates, and more!